On a dark and quiet night...

I was reading Oswald Chambers this morning, and the verse for today is Matthew10:27. In it Jesus says "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs." Oswald brings up the point about Jesus speaking to us in the dark. I never thought much about the imagery, just that Jesus is saying what I show you, make known to others. But when I stop to think about Jesus telling me something in the dark, I don't like the dark. The dark times of my life are when I feel alone, lost, wandering, unsure. Jesus ties these times to Him whispering. For me to hear Him means that everything else has stopped making noise. Sometimes maybe I'm disciplined enough to shut everything else out. But often, I hear His whisper when I'm flat on my face, and alone.

It's so hard to embrace these times of darkness and silence. But I'm learning. And I'm learning to speak about them, to point others to Jesus in them. Darkness and silence is only scary if I'm alone, with no one. Darkness and silence is nice when I'm close to the one who holds me and loves me. It's just a change of perspective.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Running for Home