So it's ONE! TWO! THREE strikes you're out at the .....


Today was such an interesting day. It was the first day of Liv's (my 9 year olds) softball season. Jill and I are coaching again, and I always feel out of my league. Never, ever played softball. (Baseball has really different rules a lot of the time.) Thirteen 9 and 10 year old girls. I don't necessarily like doing things where I don't know what I'm doing half the time. So, it's a bit stressful. (Did I mention the 30+ mph winds blowing across the infield the whole game?) Plus, I hate to lose. Very competitive. I just keep it buried anymore. BUT, I don't want to be one of those coaches I had (there were many) who could care less about how much fun it is, they just want to win. So, it's a huge balancing act, and it leaves me tired.

But I also saw Liv make an amazing catch, and look right at me to make sure I saw. I watched some girls do better than they've done at anything in a long time. I watched one little girl whose parent's just finished up a divorce have some time to laugh again. I am amazed at the power of positive encouragement in the life of a young girl. They just beam from within.

So, yeah, I'm tired. But it's a good tired. I fully realize how worn out that phrase is, yet its true. I'm going to bed now. . . . . Very slowly. . . . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Running for Home