One Simple Question We All Need to Consider Today

In Deuteronomy 8, Moses is speaking to the Hebrews before they take the promised land.  He is giving them a farewell address, and desperately trying to pass on what he has learned after serving God for 50 years. 

There is a set of verses that popped out to me today.  Check them out.

"17 You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.”
18 But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. 19 If you ever forget the Lord your God and follow other gods and worship and bow down to them, I testify against you today that you will surely be destroyed.
20 Like the nations the Lord destroyed before you, so you will be destroyed for not obeying the Lord your God."

I'm not sure I need to make any comments on this.  It's pretty straight up.

So, I just have one question for us.  The stuff we have (money, iPods, phones, clothing, food, cars, etc.); whose is it?  No really, WHO does it REALLY belong to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Running for Home