Summer Break

For those of you who read my blog on a regular basis, I have two things.  One, thanks.  I really appreciate you taking time to invest in this.  Two: I'm sorry I haven't written in several weeks.  Quite honestly, it's been a tough summer.  In short:
1. Got the worst food poisoning I've ever had. At a graduation party.  I have NEVER been sick like that before.
2. Developed kidney stones. Three days before a mission trip.  I have NEVER felt pain like that before.  Geesh!
3. My computer died unexpectedly.  Three days before a mission trip.  With every file and record for the trip on it.
4. I haven't felt right physically much at all this summer.
5. Our Kings Island trip was the roughest I've had in a while.
6. We were turned down for a sabbatical grant that we were REALLY hoping to get for next year, after tons of work went into it.

So, there is my whining.  BUT, there is the other side as well:
1. Got to take a Sunday off and go mountain bike riding with a bunch of guys who have been asking me for ten years to go.  One of the best days I've had in a long time!
2. I've taken several vacation days, and got to hang out with Jill and the girls a bit more this summer.
3. Our Atlanta mission trip with the senior high was AMAZING and I saw God work in so many people over the course of the week.
4. All of my "sickness" is pretty petty, and non-life threatening.  I am so grateful for that.
5. I've started a second job working at the local bike shop in town as mechanic.  Such a generous opportunity from God for sure.

In the midst of all this, I haven't been writing any.  And I can tell.  I mainly write on here for cathartic purposes.  It's just good for my soul and mind to write.  I've missed it.

Now, I have a lot of vacation days coming up, along with middle school camp in Wisconsin for a week.  I simply won't be on here regularly.  But I am going to do my best to write more than I have, just for my own sake.

How about you?  How is your summer going?  I'm sure there are several things that are tough right now, and quite likely they are much, much more serious and worse than my little issues.  But what about what God has blessed you with this summer?  I want to encourage you to stop, and write them out.  He is SO good to us, far beyond what we can ever hope for.  Be sure to take some time to practice saying "thanks" today.  It's good for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Running for Home